We are finalising plans for our next Level One course in Cork. Level One is aimed at rowers/coaches who have attended the Introduction to Coaching course (although we may make an exception in certain cases) and who are coaching juniors/adults on a regular basis.
Over the duration of the course they will have the opportunity to learn about coaching best practices to enable them to support and develop rowing talent both on and off the water. This is the second step on the Rowing Ireland/ Sport Ireland ‘Coaching Pathway’ and will certify them to become a Level 1 Coach in your club. Successful completion of this course will typically enable them to coach Junior 12 to Junior 18 athletes and adults from novice to intermediate grades.
With over 27 hours of learning in total between online lessons and practical sessions covering strength and conditioning, rigging and coaching practice, the course cost of €320 represents excellent value.
The course timetable is as follows:
1. Online module, Tuesday, 20 September, 19:30 – 21:00. Coach & Athlete Characteristics & Setting the right Environment.
2. Online module, Thursday, 22 September, 19:30 – 21:00. Effective Communication, Goal settings & Training Programmes.
3. 2 Full days 9:30 – 16:30, at a Rowing Club, Sat/Sun, 24&25 September.
4. S&C module, Full day, Saturday, 15 October.
5. Online Nutrition & Hydration module, Wednesday 28 September, 19:30 – 21:00.
Can you please check with your availability on these dates before registering? We are heavily subscribed and we don’t want to offer places to coaches who can’t make the whole course. Please ask the coach to register here.
Once we have the course filled we will send out further details and the link to make payment.
We are also committed to rolling out our Introduction to Coaching Course as needed. This is an eight hour course we can deliver to groups of rowers or non rowers who want to help in your club as assistants to the club coaches. We can deliver it online or in person depending on the situation.
See here for more details of both courses.
I am happy to answer any questions so please feel free to email me.