Compliance documents for implementation by March 11th 2018
Rowing Ireland recently circulated the information below to all Club Secretaries and Club Captains. We are delighted to provide our clubs with supporting documentation and instructions on how your club can comply with the Children First Act 2015 by March 11th 2018.
This is a mandatory process that all organisations providing services to children must complete. The following are the four steps to compliance:
STEP ONE – REVIEW THE RISK ASSESSMENT DOCUMENT
• The risk assessment has been pre-populated for you to review at your club meeting.
• Each risk identified has been ranked and any supporting policies and guidance indicated.
• You can include other risks of potential harm that are specific to your club.
• After you review your Risk Assessment, minute it at your meeting and get your Chairperson and Children’s Officer to sign and date it.
STEP TWO – YOUR CHILD SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
• When step one is completed review your Child Safeguarding Statement and sign and date the document.
STEP THREE – DISPLAY YOUR CHILD SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT
• As per Section 11 of the Children First Act 2015, you are required to display your Child Safeguarding Statement in a prominent place in your club (notice board, public area etc).
• We recommend that you also distribute your signed Child Safeguarding Statement to all parents by mail/email/web or social media on an annual basis.
STEP FOUR – CONFIRMATION OF COMPLIANCE TO ROWING IRELAND
• Please send a one line email to firstname.lastname@example.org to advise that steps 1 to 3 have been completed.
It is the responsibility of every Club to comply with the Children First legislation by completing the above steps.
Please download your Risk Assessment and your Child Safeguarding Statement below.
If you have any questions or queries please email email@example.com