Tesco has launched a €1 million community fund which will distribute funds to as many as 3.500 community, charity and local sports projects over the course of the next year.
Clubs can nominate themselves for inclusion in the programme which will identify three local causes every six weeks in each of the 146 Tesco stores around the country. Individual store management and staff will pick the different causes from those nominated and the money will be distributed based on what customers in each store decide through placing tokens in their preferred donation box immediately after the check out lines.
The individual amounts will be small enough with an average sum likely to be in the region of around €400 per cause but as the Tesco catchphrase goes, every little helps.
It is likely that sports clubs will perform well in terms of the public votes because of the larger numbers of members and families they can call on to vote.
- Every six weeks, your local Tesco store will donate up to €1,000 to help three good causes in your area.
- This could be anything, from a new playground, to helping the elderly, to fixing a leaky roof for the local school – whatever helps your community most.
- And you’re the one who decides where the money goes.
- Each time you shop, you’ll receive a goodwill token which you can use to vote for the cause that means the most to you.
- Every six weeks, money from the Tesco Community Fund will be shared out according to the number of tokens each cause receives.
For more information: http://sportforbusiness.com/tesco-fund-a-winner-for-clubs/
and to download a form and for more information go to: http://www.tesco.ie/communityfund/