Who doesn’t love fish and chips?! Breadcrumbs are a lighter option for your fish than batter, and
they also give you the opportunity to add extra flavour by mixing in some herbs, spices or lemon
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 10g Flour
- 1 Cod Fillet
- 1 Slice Wholemeal Bread
- 1 tsp parsley or mixed herbs
- 1 Medium potato
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Cut the potato into 8 equal wedges spread out on a baking tray and put into the oven.
- Toast the bread until crispy.
- Chop or blend the toast into breadcrumbs and add the herbs.
- Coat the fish in the flour and then the egg before covering with the breadcrumbs.
- Place the fish onto a baking tray and place in the oven alongside the potato wedges.
- Cook for a further 20 mins or until the chips are golden brown and the fish is cooked through.
- Serve with peas or salad vegetables