February 23rd -24th – HP Trials – NRC
Please find the link HERE to see a list of athletes invited to the next round of HP trials.
This is a provisional list and is subject to the successful completion of all monitoring tests (including 2k if not completed in January).
The final list will be published by the 18th of February.
The format for racing is as follows:
- Saturday: One 6k time-trial on Saturday morning followed by one 2k race on Saturday afternoon and both of these will be in small boats (1x or 2-).
- Sunday: Two 2k races mainly in crew boats (4- and 2x) or small boats (1x or 2-) based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, Saturday results, performances at recent camps as well as erg monitoring results (monthly and weekly) as decided by Lead coaches and HPD.
Please note: That there will be cuts made on Saturday afternoon and NOT ALL athletes will be involved on Sunday.
- It is the club’s responsibility to have an adequate number of boats and oars for any of their athletes involved in Sunday racing.
- For the successful running of this trial each club is asked to supply the name of one volunteer who will assist in the running of the trials and this name should be forwarded to the lead category coach when confirming athlete attendance
- Lightweight Athletes: Unless otherwise agreed with the HPD the required weight for this trial is not heavier than 74 kg for LW Men and not heavier than 61 kg for LW Women.
- Coaches must confirm their athlete’s attendance by emailing the lead coach of the respective category no later than Wednesday 20 February.
- Entry Fees for this event is €30.00 per person. The entry fees goes towards the cost of running the event which includes ambulance, food, volunteers.
- Entry fees are to be paid by Wednesday 20th February and must be done via https://www.rowingireland.ie/payments/pay.php?type=other – Pick High Performance Trials from the drop down menu write your name, boat and club in the description box.
- It is envisaged to provide lunch on Saturday and Sunday for all athletes attending the event.
Coaches Email Addresses:
Senior HW: email@example.com
Senior LW: firstname.lastname@example.org