Rowing Ireland HP team has released the invitation list for the 2018 Senior and Junior selection trials set to be held at the NRC in Cork on the 18th, 19th and 20th of May.
The aim of the trials is to select the Senior squad for the World Cup season, and pre-select the Junior team for the 2018 Junior World Championships in August. The final selection will be held at the end of July for Seniors, and the end of June for Juniors. Rowing Ireland will also use the regatta to gain an indication of potential for the Coupe de la Jeunesse.
- As per the Rowing Ireland event requirement, LW women weigh in at under 60.5kg , LW men weigh in at under 73.5kg.
- All senior athletes invited, and eventually selected into the Irish team, will need to be available to relocate into a team pre-international race camp shortly following the completion of trials. Athletes who are unable or not prepared to commit to the proposed team camp, and necessary relocating in order to be part of it, are not required to attend trials.
Please also note that the purpose of this camp if to maximise the potential of support for athletes selected into the Irish squad, and ultimately maximise potential results throughout the 2018 international season. Special circumstances to the amount of availability can be discussed with the lead coach for your section and the HPD.
A notice will be available shortly outlining boats that are required for trialling.
Unless otherwise indicated, all invited athletes must arrive on the Thursday afternoon to set up the boats and for a light pre-raceday session. First race begins on the Friday morning at 9.00 am.
All invited athletes are required to email the Lead Category Coaches advising of their availability to participate or not at the trials by Monday evening 14th May. Likewise, if you have any questions related to the invitation list, please contact the Lead Category Coaches:
- Dominic Casey (email@example.com )
- David McGowan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ray Morrison (email@example.com)
- Fran Keane (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lunch will be provided on each of the three days, and all athletes invited to the trials are asked to pay a fee of €20 to help cover food and general running costs. Payment can be made HERE, selecting “High Performance Trials” from the menu and inserting rower details and the amount (€20) in the box provided.
Please click HERE to review the list of invited athletes (updated).