We strongly recommend that all individual club members who are in continuous direct contact with children and vulnerable persons (adults) apply for Garda Vetting immediately.
The National Vetting Bill 2012 will make this process mandatory in the near future, we strongly encourage all required parties to initiate this process immediately.
To initiate this process please complete the following steps:
1. Download the Vetting Application Form in here.
2. Complete the form in detail.
3. Return original hard copy to Denis O’Regan the assigned Rowing Ireland Signatory.
4. Please inform your Club or School that you have submitted your application.
The Vetting process can take a considerable time. Therefore we recommend applying immediately.
Once the Bill becomes law all new applicants cannot work with children or vulnerable persons for example coaching, mentoring, counselling, teaching, training or driving until their Vetting process is completed.
Further detailed information can be found here.
Vetting Process in Northern Ireland:
1. Download an enhanced check application form at the following link: www.nidirect.gov.uk/accessni
2. Return completed form to Brenda Ewing – lead signatory NI – for completion and ID check (per validation ID list)