Junior Home International Athlete and Cox Selection Procedure
- All athletes are invited to race Cork City Regatta (22-23 June) in their chosen small boat (1x or 2-)
- Entry is to be done on tracker as part of your normal club entry but please email the lead coach to confirm you are intending to race for selection
- Athletes must enter Division 1 in their chosen event to be considered for selection
- Selections will be made based on results from final finishing positions and those in a higher final will be selected before those in a lower final (I.e. An athlete or boat in Final A will be selected ahead of an athlete in Final B no matter what the time) unless otherwise decided, in exceptional circumstances, by the leading coach and approved by HPD.
- If there are not enough athletes/boats in Final A, B or C to select a full team then times from the earlier heats will be used to fill these remaining places unless otherwise decided, in exceptional circumstances, by the leading coach and approved by HPD.
- For Home International eligibility ‘A Junior oarsman/oarswoman is one who has not attained the age of 18 years before the 1stSeptember of the calendar year preceding the year of competition’.
- All athletes intending to trial for the Home International team must carry and submit a 2k erg score. The test must be carried out between 11-18 of June and submitted no later than 19th June to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered for selection
- Some athletes selected in sculling boats may be named in a sweep boat and vice-versa depending on the needs of the team
- Coaches please email email@example.com to confirm that your athlete is putting themselves forward for Home International selection no later than 19th June.
There will be 7 Junior Women’s and 7 Junior Men’s sculling places available for selection along with 5 Junior men’s pairs and a minimum of 3 (and up to 5) Junior Women’s pairs available depending on final Coupe selections.
Junior Cox Selection Process
Any club coach, who wishes to have their cox considered for selection for the Home International squad (Coupe if applicable), must email their intention to have them considered, along with a brief coxing CV, to include racing experience and achievements to date (signed off and verified by the club coach) by 7pm on Wednesday 12th June to firstname.lastname@example.org
Coaches: Please read the full selection criteria in the High Performance section (Under ‘Juniors’) before nominating your cox.