Please see the following statement from The Lough Rynn Committee;
To our friends in Irish Rowing,
Many of you have requested that we consider moving the date further back to September.
The committee has examined the latest Covid infection projections and assessed volunteer availability, and our consensus is that it is wiser to wait until next season to run a regatta.
Our 2020 Lough Rynn Regatta Committee was formed with representatives from three provinces following a request from clubs to prepare a ‘Covid’ regatta ahead of the championships.
We had a much larger volunteer force from all four provinces -thank you all very much for getting behind us and supporting Irish Rowing.
The committee did a fantastic job and we were fully prepared to have a regatta on both 8th August and 22nd August.
We had our event licence and safety plans approved by Leitrim Co Co and even had planned staging areas with local landowners to help manage Covid related issues.
At this point, we want to thank all of you who planned to volunteer and I’d particularly like to recognise the considerable effort put in by our committee members, Rowing Ireland staff, and Leitrim County Council staff.
We would also like to thank all the other supporters who contributed to our preparations and offered different support such as launches, equipment, course preparation, use of lands etc.
We hope that this year’s productive preparation effort can be put to some good use to benefit all clubs next year and wish all clubs and committees a restful break ahead of next season.
on behalf of Lough Rynn Regatta Committee
Some clubs managed to get the benefit of using Lough Rynn on the 8th August in glorious weather – thanks Mark for the images which are here.
I’d also remind Club Captains that future club access to Lough Rynn will be managed by Rowing Ireland on behalf of Leitrim CC (details will be announced by Rowing Ireland next season).