The Leinster Branch are hosting 2 seminars led by Mark O’Donovan. Mark has an MSc in Exercise Physiology and an MSc in Sports Performance. He is a rowing World Champion and has delivered many seminars in the Rowing Ireland Coach Education Program. The first session will be held on Saturday, 1 February, at 15:00 in Neptune RC, Dublin, and we would hope to finish around 17:30. The second date will be advised later.
The sessions will be very practical and of relevance to coaches and rowers.
There will be a small charge of €5, tea/coffee will be available.
Please book your place through email@example.com – sessions are open to all clubs, not just those based in Leinster.
Session 1) Strength and conditioning exercise selection to build a robust athlete.
- Selection of exercises (Why choose one over another).
- Injury prevention, the most common areas of injury, and can we lower the risk in the
gym. Age grade to Senior, male & female athletes – differences to notice.
- Coaching cues.
Session 2) Programming S&C into your rowing program
- Interference – how it happens and what we can do to avoid or lower it’s negatives.
- Preseason – Winter – In season – maintenance & peaking – differences in overall
months and sessions.
- How to adapt S&C into your program to gain the most rowing time.
- Limited time – what to do?
- Limited equipment – what to do?
- Guidelines of Sets and Reps and why.
- Rep max test or not?