This Bulletin summarises the items discussed at Rowing Ireland Board Meeting held on 21st October 2017.
E. Colclough (President) , D. Buckley (Treasurer)
Vice President Representative:
Munster Branch: Lisa O’Callaghan, TJ Ryan
Ulster Branch: Brenda Ewing, Garth Young
Leinster Branch: Leo Gibson, Carol Ann Smith
Connacht Branch: Deirdre O’Hara
B. Leader (Secretary), N. Maxwell (Connacht Rep)
No independent directors appointed.
Board Meeting: 21st October 2017
• The President, E. Colclough, reflected on the outstanding successes in the 2017 season and congratulated all involved, and he praised the hard work and commitment of the CEO.
• The CEO, H. Adams, also congratulated the athletes & coaches for their success, and acknowledged the contribution and support of the Team Manager at the World Championships, Susan Dunlea.
• The Sport NI capital expenditure proposal is under review and will be considered by the HPD and HP Committee.
• The Statement of Division of Responsibilities for the CEO and the Chairman of the Board was approved.
• The Board will reconsider the Terms of Reference for the Audit Committee in the context of frequency of meetings.
• The HPD is meeting with athletes and coaches in the provinces in Nov/Dec.
• The current administration structure is under review in the context of Ulster Branch.
• The Board approved the formation of a Coastal Rowing division within RI.
• The Report of the National Championships Committee was considered and adopted by the Board.
• The Board considered and adopted the Universities Report, noting that requests to make changes to the calendar is a matter for the Domestic Events Committee.
• Loughros Point is now an affiliated member club.
• Board Meetings dates are scheduled for November 2017, January 2018 and March 2018.
• The AGM date is set for Sunday 22nd April 2018.
Prepared by: Carol-Ann Smith, Leinster Rep.