With the on-going restriction level at Level 3 throughout the Republic of Ireland, the COVID 19 working group have made the below recommendations in line with government guidelines.
The NI Executive has announced restrictions equivalent to RI level 3 for a defined period of 4 weeks from Friday 16th October.
The Working Group will continue to monitor the ongoing guidelines from the relevant bodies and will make changes to these recommendations as required.
In line with the Government guidelines, Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021: Plan for living with COVID – 19 document,
Gyms may remain open for individual use only, and with protective measures in place. The RI Covid-19 working group recommends the following:
- All clubs must carry out their own risk assessment to determine if it safe and healthy for their members to continue to use the indoor facilities. ***
- Individual training only
- Wearing of face masks should be compulsory while on the club facilities. The only exemptions should be while in a crew boat, on an erg or doing weights. Please note, as previously advised, coxes should continue to always wear face masks.
- Coaches should always wear face masks except when in a coach launch.
- A strict sterilization regime should be in place. Equipment sterilized before and after use.
- Good ventilation has been identified as an important factor in determining if an area is safe or not to exercise in. Clubs should ensure there is adequate ventilation to maintain a clean air environment throughout the duration of the session.
- Domestic travel: Stay in your county apart from work, education, medical and other essential purposes, if appropriate.
- Where possible all sessions should take place outdoors.
*** Attached to this document is a template of a risk assessments to assist clubs to carryout a risk assessment of their facilities.
Dr Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer of Ireland, stated “It isn’t a set of rules to be gotten around, people need to comply, not only with what it says but the spirit of what it says”
Download Poster: Covid Pathway Poster
Risk Assessment: risk-assessment-template-2020