Following announcements on Wednesday 14th October 2020, from both the Irish Government and the Northern Ireland Executive, the Rowing Ireland COVID–19 Working Group have issued the following additional advice to our clubs. Rowing Ireland remains committed to keeping our members safe and healthy.
Northern Ireland (from Friday 16/10/20 for 4 weeks)
- Gyms can remain open but for individual training only.
- No indoor sport of any kind or organised contact sport involving household mixing other than at elite level.
- No mass events involving more than 15 people (except for allowed outdoor sporting events where the relevant number for that will continue to apply).
- Gyms may remain open but for individual training only with local enforcement in place.
- All previous restrictions regarding Club house use remain in place.
Republic of Ireland
Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal – Level 4
- Gyms closed,
- Individual training indoor,
- Pods of 15 outdoor non-contact sport only.
- No sporting event (exemption elite level sport)
Remaining Counties – Level 3
- Remain the same as previously communicated.
• Ministers to look at sport training and advice sport Ireland and NGB’s on training restrictions.