Rowing Ireland COVID-19 Working Group – Event Compliance


The COVID 19 Working Group met yesterday evening. The Group are working on a COVID-19 Event Compliance Document  which will set out new requirements for event organisers going forward. This document will be sent to Clubs next week, Tuesday 2nd June for consideration in running events should there be an Irish Championships or a Festival of Rowing in September 2020.

The COVID 19 Working Group will make a decision by Tuesday 16th June 2020 on the September event. We will ask Clubs to consider the regatta organisation document. In the meantime, no applications will be considered prior to this.

The COVID 19 Working Group will recommend to the Board of Rowing Ireland that the current rower registration dates of 1st June for the Irish Championships should be relaxed for 2020 in light of the present ongoing pandemic and to support our members at this difficult time.

As we are still in early phases of the relaxation of COVID 19 restrictions, we feel it would be prudent not to decide on critical dates and the domestic events season until mid-June as outlined above.

We recommend that all Clubs should refer to the Rowing Ireland Return to Rowing Protocol which has been updated to include NI information. Protocol ROI & NI


Main Sponsors:

Business Suppliers:

HTML Snippets Powered By :