This weekends racing for Skibbereen Regatta and the University Championships in the National Rowing Centre will not go ahead.

Unfortunately due to the unpredictable weather conditions, particularly the wind forecast for the weekend we have had to make the very difficult decision of postponing the event in the interest of safety and providing good racing conditions.

The timetable of racing gave us no room to manoeuvre. We appreciate there are a lot of travelling clubs and cannot delay the decision any longer as the wind forecast remains challenging for what would have been an exciting busy 2 full days of racing.

We are now planning to work with new dates in 2 weeks time- the 27th and 28th April 2024. We will organise for entries to reopen and closing date will be next Wednesday as per tracker. We hope to see you all in a few weeks time. If you have any further questions please send them through to or to 0861250767.

SRC Regatta Committee