The Waterways Ireland ‘Row For It’ League for Men and Women’s Junior 15 and Junior 14 Coxed Quads takes place over a series of regattas across the country.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 League:
Men’s Junior 15 4x+ Fermoy RC
Women’s Junior 15 4x+ Athlone BC
Men’s Junior 14 4x+ St Michael’s RC
Women’s Junior 14 4x+ Athlone BC
Rowing Ireland would like to thank Waterways Ireland for their continuing sponsorship of this event.
Full results are available here.
• Limerick Regatta
• Carlow Regatta
• Athlone Regatta (CANCELLED)
• Castleconnell Sprint Regatta
• Fermoy Sprint Regatta (CANCELLED)
• Carrick on Shannon Sprints FINALS
The scoring system is based on the type of regatta, and the rules are as follows:
1) Multi-lane regattas with straight finals drawn randomly, points will be awarded to first and second place in each final, as follows:
2) Two lane regatta with heats progressing to a two-boat final will have points awarded to the first and second placed crews, as above. The two semi-finallists, who do not progress to the final will be awarded equal points as third place:
3) Multi-lane regattas with heats progressing to a final, points will be awarded to the top four finishing crews only, as follows.
4) If the entries are large enough requiring them to be drawn into groups A, B and so on, where there are heats and finals in each group, points will be awarded using the same system as point 3) in each final:
Winning the League
The winner in each of the four categories will be the club with the most points from 4 of the 6 regattas:
- WJ14 4X+
- WJ15 4X+
- MJ14 4X+
- MJ15 4X+.
Carrick-on -Shannon regatta will carry DOUBLE points, and points will be awarded under the rules outlined above.
The Regatta secretary must return the results of each event to Rowing Ireland who will post the league position of each club on the web site.
There are no separate entry fees for entering the Waterways Ireland ‘Row For It’ Junior League.
Entries made by the club secretary through Tracker as normal, and should go to the regatta secretary with all other club entries for the regatta.
All competitors must be registered members of a club affiliated to Rowing Ireland, and hold current registration cards.
Branded Waterways Ireland ‘Row For It’ Junior League medals and t- shirts will be presented to the four winning crews.
Each winning club will receive a Waterways Ireland pennant.
Prizes will be presented at Carrick-on-Shannon Regatta on 4th August.
Branding at Events
Event organisers must highlight Waterways Ireland sponsorship at their event by promoting their name with any posters or banners provided by Rowing Ireland and also with suitable acknowledgements and advertisements in each regatta programme.