Three boats competed in the World Rowing Under 23 Championships today, in Racice, Czech Republic, with each securing places in the A/B semi-finals.
Cliodhna Nolan competed in the Lightweight Women’s Single Sculls Repêchage, placing first with a time of 7:52.23. Cliodhna finished a steady nine seconds ahead of Moldova, Belarus, and the Ukraine, securing her place in the A/B semi-final on Saturday morning.
Eoin Gaffney and Rory O’Neill raced in the Lightweight Men’s Double Sculls Repêchage, finishing first with a time of 6:32.71. Eoin and Rory put in a solid performance to secure their place in the A/B Final on Saturday morning. The crew placed almost 15 seconds ahead of Simon Dubiel and Eli Rabinowitz of the USA, followed by Canada and Slovakia respectively.
Alison Bergin raced in the Women’s Single Sculls Repêchage, finishing first with a final time of 7:41.21. Alison faced Russian, Lithuanian and Slovakian rowers, crossing the line four seconds ahead of the Russian boat. Alison will race in the A/B semi-final on Saturday morning.
Saturday’s Races (IST)
- LW1x (Cliodhna Nolan) – 09:57 A/B Semi-Final
- LM1x (Hugh Moore) -10:04 – A/B Semi-Final
- M4- (Ross, John, Alex and Jack) – 10:46 – A/B Semi-Final
- LM2x (Eoin Gaffney & Rory O’Neill) – 11:14 – A/B Semi-Final
- W1x (Alison Bergin) – 11:42/11:49 – A/B Semi-Final
- M4+ (Finn O’Reilly, Andrew Sheehan, Ryan Spelman, Adam Murphy and Leah O’Regan (Cox)) – 14:15 – A Final
Coaching and Support Staff
Antonio Maurogiovanni – High-Performance Director
Ciro Prisco – National Coach and Coach Coordinator
John Armstrong – National Coach
Nicolo’ Maurogiovanni – National Coach
Michael O’Rourke Team Manager
Follow the Racing
World Rowing will be streaming all races live throughout the 2021 World Rowing Under 23s Championships on their YouTube Channel.