The Minister for Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media, Catherine Martin, together with Sport Ireland, has announced almost €52 million in funding for sport, which includes funding for Rowing Ireland for:
- Funding for clubs for rising energy costs.
- Funding for a Rowing Ireland dedicated rescue launch to increase awareness of safety at our competitions and support our club events
- Funding for Get Rowing to enable the programme to work with clubs and schools on diversity, inclusion and leadership programmes.
- Funding for a teenage Girls Participation programme ‘HerMoves’ 2023 campaign; which will allow clubs to facilitate a teenage girls focussed programme, enabling them to make use of their space to rent and to draw new community members to their club.
- Funding for clubs to improve their rowability and inclusion support, through the Sport for All – Disability Support.
- Funding to purchase boats for our developing paralympic athletes on their journey to qualification.
Thank you to Sport Ireland and the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media for the huge support, which enables us to continue to develop our sport and to support our local clubs.
More information on the funding for sport can be found HERE