*Nominations for the 2023 Awards will now be collected via the online form below*
Our clubs and members are the backbone of our sport and organisation.
We want to celebrate that with your help. So we are delighted to launch our Inaugural Rowing Ireland Awards Night.
These awards will recognise and honour the fantastic work and the outstanding accomplishments of our rowers, coaches, clubs and volunteers throughout the year.
We want you our clubs and members to tell us who you think should be nominated for these well-deserved awards. So we are encouraging all our incredible clubs to vote for those most deserving of these awards. You can choose someone in your club or outside of your club.
The presentation will take place at the Rowing Ireland Awards Night on Saturday, 18th of November 2023, at Midlands Park Hotel, Portlaoise.
We will announce next week who will be on the judging panel tasked with the challenging role of selecting the final awardees.
We look forward to seeing you all there on the night to help us celebrate the past year’s successes.
These unique awards that the Rowing Ireland crew has commissioned are being handcrafted by Kenny McDonald.
LIST OF AWARDS
Coach of the Year
Senior Male Rower of the year
Senior Female Rower of the Year
Junior Male Rower of the Year Junior Female Rower of the Year
Club of the Year
Umpire of the Year
Volunteer of the Year (Chosen from the winners of Volunteer of the Month)
Women in Sport Advocate
Presidents award for outstanding achievement in Rowing
Rowability Award of the Year
Please consider the following criteria;
- All nominees must have been members of Rowing Ireland and a paid member of an affiliated club during the 2022/23 Season.
- The nomination must be based on accomplishments between 01/09/22 and 31/08/2023 Accomplishments outside of this timeframe will be disregarded (except for the Presidents award).
- Nominations for Awards must be submitted by a member of an affiliated Rowing Ireland Club.
- Clubs may nominate other clubs and other Rowing Ireland members outside of their club. Clubs may also nominate their own club and club members.
- Clubs may only submit one nomination in each category.
- A fully completed nomination form (below). Nominations can be up to 200 words.
- Written outline of your nominees’ accomplishments. Please give a detailed reason as to why your nominee deserves the award.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Sunday 15th of October 2023
Sorry. This form is no longer available.