2019 – 2024 Strategic Plan
Rowing Ireland launched our five-year strategic plan in 2019. Our plan is based on four pillars that are key to further developing our sport.
High Performance – “We will excel”
- Reinforce the High-Performance strategy to continue delivering podium performance at ranking international events.
- Evaluate and improve the pipeline and pathway to the Rowing Ireland team.
- Provide conditions and support to ensure all rowers and coaches reach their maximum potential.
Leading our sport
- Be an innovative National Governing Body using efficient and effective internal structures and systems.
- Continue to operate to best practice standards as set out in the Governance Code.
- Ensure our members accept their responsibility to safeguard children and vulnerable adults.
- Promote policies that support a safe on and off the water environment.
- Strong clubs are the hub of our sport and central to the success of rowing in Ireland.
- Increase standards by providing quality coach education to our clubs.
- Support clubs to implement good governance, child protection and safety policies.
- Together we are Rowing Ireland #wearerowingireland
Rowing for all, a sport for life
- Promote and encourage participation in rowing at all levels.
- Retain current and attract new participants.
- Enhance existing partnerships and develop new ones.