Rowing Ireland, in partnership with Triathlon Ireland, are hosting a new club level leadership programme including training, mentoring and networking support in September and October 2022.
Club Leadership Program
Triathlon Ireland and Rowing Ireland recognise the need for a support network for the fantastic women who lead our clubs. This program aims to support women who work within their clubs to increase their confidence and knowledge and create a network of leaders within our clubs.We would like to invite applications from women’s officers, committee members and club leaders who are driven and passionate to develop themselves and their community.
This program is fully funded and will provide participants with:
- Development of new skills set under the guidance of a very experienced facilitator;
- Scope to improve your own personal skills as a club leader
- Support after the program, provided by experienced mentors
- Opportunity to create a network of club leaders
The purpose of the programme is to show how development and planning is pivotal in developing clubs. There will be a series of online and face-to-face workshops coupled with mentoring support. The participants will be introduced to and use key leadership and management activities supporting existing club activity and developing new opportunities for their clubs.
Key topics to be addressed include:
- Club Governance and its role in assisting clubs in the development and implementation of club development plans.
- Support clubs in designing and implementing club development plans.
- Support clubs in recruitment and training of volunteers for various roles including committee members.
- Identify examples of good practice in the areas of club leadership, management and development amongst clubs and share this information at all levels.
- Develop mutually beneficial working relationships with other key organisations/agencies.
- 2 evening online sessions- 27th September and 4th October (8pm- 9:30pm)
- 1 full- day in-person session- 22nd October
- Mentoring commitment of 2-3 sessions between October and December
Facilitator- David Denieffe
David Denieffe is the Vice-President for Academic Affairs at South East Technological University in Carlow. He has been a leading academic for over 25 years, building on his previous military career. Having previously chaired national and international conferences, he also continues to serve on leading professional and industry groupings. With a passion for all sports, he has been involved in delivering club planning, development, leadership and management programmes with a number of NGBs for the past ten years. A Level 2 coach and a Level 5 official in the area of throws, he is also actively involved in athletics with his club, Gowran AC and county Kilkenny.
How to Apply
We are inviting one application per club. If you wish to apply to this programme, please complete our short application form outlining why you would like to be part of the programme by close of business on Wednesday 14th September. If you have any questions please contact Ceara at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form is below :