Erg Monitoring – 100m/500m/6k and 30min – can be done anytime over the week from 11-17 October once the the correct protocols (i.e., Over two consecutive days and results submitted on the attached excel document no later than 5pm 17 October) are followed.
Erg Monitoring Protocol
▪ Day 1 (100m and 500m) – Morning – 100m 20 min break followed by 500m – all open rate,
▪ Day 1 (6000m) – Afternoon – 6k – Open Rate – record time
▪ Day 2 (30 min) – Morning – 30 min at rate 20 -record metres
Please submit the scores using the attached excel document and using the same format by 5pm Sunday 17 October to email@example.com – please check the format of the scores as scores entered incorrectly may not be ranked. No late entries will be accepted.
Open Water Trial – Please note that the second open water trial of the 2021/22 selection process will take place on 23-24 October at the NRC. This will be an open event but once again coaches are asked to be mindful of the athletes that they enter in this event. Please consider the ability of your athletes, also considering the results of the September trial, as this is a long-distance trial and conditions can often be quite challenging for athletes so, please only enter athletes that you feel are confident and competent to race in such conditions.
▪ The Open trial will follow the same format as September, small boats (1x or 2-) over 2 days (TBC once entries have been submitted).
▪ Coaches are asked to email their entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Sunday 17 October (coaches taking athletes erg scores into account)
▪ Lightweights – their will be no minimum bodyweight requirement but once again body weight will be checked on morning 1 (Saturday) – 2 hours before scheduled race time.
▪ Start times will follow a similar pattern as September – arrive Friday afternoon for set up and paddle, 10am race Start on Saturday and 9am Sunday. (All TBC based on entry and weather
forecast which will be confirmed the Thursday prior to the event).
▪ Scores will only be accepted from athletes registered with a Rowing Ireland affiliated Club. (Overseas athletes must also be registered with an Irish club to take part in the selection
▪ Further updates will be issued closer to the time. Please note that the results of both open trials along with the erg monitoring will be used in determining invites to the November trials.
Please note that the results of both open trials along with the erg monitoring will be used in determining invites to the November trials.