The first national erg monitoring assessment and time trial of the 2023 season will occur throughout October. This will mark the start of the new international season with Olympic qualification in September 2023. It is vital that any rower with ambitions of selection submit erg scores and attend the trial. Athletes selected to race in the 2022 World Championships are not required to attend the October trial.
Erg monitoring for the 2023 season will begin on October 1st and 2nd. The testing format should follow
- •100m + 500m at open rate on Day 1 am. A 20 minute break should be taken between 100m and 500m. Time to be recorded
- 6k (3k for adaptive) at open rate pm on Day 1 pm Time to be recorded
- 30 minute and Rate 20 on Day 2 pm Meters to be recorded
Erg scores should be submitted to Michael.email@example.com no later than 7pm on October 2nd.
The first time trial of the 2023 season will take place at the NRC on the 15-16 of October. This is an open trial, and athletes with ambitions to be selected as part of the HP team are encouraged to enter this event.
- Athletes and coaches are reminded that while this is an open event, we are looking for athletes with the potential to be selected as part of the World Championship team (Senior, U23, U19 and Adaptive) as well as junior athletes with the potential to win a medal at the Coupe.
- Athletes are invited to attend this 6k (Adaptive 3k) time-trial in 1x or 2- on both days. Lightweights in sculling boats only.
- In some cases, athletes may be asked to move into crew boats on day 2 if deemed appropriate by the HPD. This will be communicated to clubs and individuals after racing on day 1.
Coaches are asked to enter their athletes by 5 pm Friday 7th of October by emailing Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org also indicating their category for the 2023 season (Senior lightweight/heavyweight, U23 lightweight/heavyweight, U19 and Adaptive) and the boat class (1x or 2-) to be entered. Lightweight bodyweight will be checked on the morning of racing, but there is no minimum weight requirement for this first event. Once entries are in, we will publish start times and a start list for those entered.
November assessments (Provisional dates)
- Erg monitoring will be carried out on the 7th and 8th of November
- 6k (3k adaptive) time trial will be held at the NRC on the 12th and 13th of November
All athletes and their clubs are required to be affiliated and registered with Rowing