We are planning for our next series of Level One courses. These will be delivered through a combination of online and practical sessions in Cork, Dublin, Limerick, Galway, Belfast and Killarney, subject to numbers, starting in March and running through to end April.
Level One is aimed at rowers/coaches who have attended the Introduction to Coaching course (although we may make an exception in certain cases) and who are coaching juniors/adults on a regular basis.
Over the duration of the course you will have the opportunity to learn about coaching best practice to enable you to support and develop rowing talent both on and off the water. This is the second step on the Rowing Ireland/ Sport Ireland ‘Coaching Pathway’ and will certify you as a Level 1 Coach in your club. Successful completion of this course will typically enable you to coach Junior 12 to Junior 18 athletes and adults from novice to intermediate grades.
With over 27 hours of learning in total between online lessons and practical sessions covering strength and conditioning, rigging and coaching practice, the course cost of €320 represents excellent value.
The course timetable is as follows:
1. Online modules, Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 19:30 – 21:00. Covering:
- Coach & Athlete Characteristics & Setting the Right Environment.
- Effective Communication, Goal Setting & Training Programs.
- Coaching Skills, Best Practice & Training Diaries.
- Technical Overview, Common Mistakes & Drills.
- Strength & Conditioning Theory.
3. Online Nutrition & Hydration module, Wednesday evenings, 19:30 – 21:00.
4. Online Safety and Risk Assessment, Wednesday evenings, 19:30 – 21:00.
4. A Full day 10:00 – 17:00, at a club covering rigging and on the water coaching.
5. S&C module, Full day in the gym.
There will be online quizzes and assessments during the course. Modules will be introduced covering Offshore & Coastal rowing where these differ from flatwater rowing.
Once we have enough to fill a course we will send out further details and the link to make payment. So register your interest HERE.
We are also committed to rolling out our Introduction to Coaching Course as needed. This is an eight hour course we can deliver to groups of rowers or non rowers who want to help in your club as assistants to the club coaches. We can deliver it online or in person depending on the situation.
See here for more details of both courses.
I am happy to answer any questions so please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org