Are you enthusiastic about sports and seeking a leadership role in a dynamic National Governing Body? We have an opportunity for you to join our Board as an Independent Director of a high-performing and Olympic/World medal-winning sport.
We have two vacancies on the Board of Rowing Ireland in 2023. This is an inspiring time for the sport, particularly with Paris 2024 fast approaching. As an Independent Director, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our sports organisation and make a real impact. You will work closely with the rest of the Board to develop strategies, set goals, and make critical decisions that will shape the organisation’s direction. Our vision is “Spearheading excellence, strong clubs and rowing for life.”
The Board has identified a need for the following skills:
Accounting / Financial Management
Legal / Company Law
Communications / Commercial / PR
We would prefer that each Director have at least one of the above skills.
The Board of Rowing Ireland shall comprise at least 40% of each gender among the directors, and any committees shall endeavour to reach a similar composition. We encourage applications from every community, particularly those currently under-represented. We run a comprehensive induction process for all new Board members.
We are looking for applicants who are independent of our sport, perhaps even unfamiliar with our sport, who will join a Board and enable us to collectively question, challenge and discern to make better decisions. We seek applicants with strong leadership skills and a commitment to excellence. Whether or not you have experience in sports management, business, or a related field, we encourage you to apply.
The current Board comprises 9 Directors and is led by the Chair. Within the Board is a Board range of skills and experiences.
Our current Board members can be seen on our website
- The Board meets approximately six times a year, on a Saturday or Sunday and holds additional meetings as the situation requires.
- Meetings usually occur at Sport HQ in Blanchardstown, Dublin, at 9:30 am.
- Occasionally, meetings are held at alternative locations around the island of Ireland.
- Expenses are reimbursed per our Travel & Subsistence Policy (which will be made available upon request to applicants shortlisted for interview).
- You will be required to complete Induction Training as arranged by or provided by Rowing Ireland.
- You should be prepared to spend at least two days per month on company business after the induction phase.
- Independent Directors are expected to join and participate in one or more Committees.
- Successful applicants will be Garda Vetted before formally joining the Board.
- The term is three years.
This is a unique opportunity to make a difference in the world of sports and contribute to our organisation’s growth and great success.
If you are interested in joining our Board as an Independent Director, please submit your cv and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience to Valerie at firstname.lastname@example.org. By 5:00 pm on 10th March 2023
We look forward to hearing from you.
Interviews will be held during the week beginning 20th March 2023
For an informal conversation on the role with any Board member or the CEO, please email the Chairperson, Martin Hogan, at chair@rowingIreland.ie
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/rowingireland/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/RowingIreland
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/rowing-ireland/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/rowingireland/