Rowing Ireland is delighted to work alongside Mark Pollock in promoting Run in the Dark this year. Mark is a member of our rowing family and a firm supporter and advocate of Irish Rowing over the years.
About Run in the Dark:
Run in the Dark is back with a virtual facelift!
As darkness sweeps around the globe in mid-November, 25,000 people worldwide will get up from their armchairs, slip on their red flashing armbands and pull on their running shoes to complete a 5k or 10k walk or run.
Running separately while connecting socially across 7 continents, this global movement will light up the night as people hit the road to Run in the Dark for the Mark Pollock Trust and to donate or fundraise for Collaborative Cures, whose mission is to bring people together to cure paralysis in our lifetime.
With the impact of COVID 19, we can’t run side by side at mass participation events this year, so we’ve built something different for our Run in the Dark community so we can still light up the night together on Wednesday 18 November.
How to get involved:
You can be part of Run in the Dark wherever you are in the world, from Sydney to San Francisco. Enter now, download our tracking app and join thousands of others walking or running 5k or 10k on Wednesday 18 November at 8 pm local time.
- Every participant receives a phone holder with flashing lights and a medal
- Access to our Online Wellness Hub with 5k and 10k training plans and over 200 hours of fitness, training, nutrition, and wellness content.
- Complete a 5k or 10 k individually or in small groups – subject to Government restrictions.
- Track your time and distance using our health and fitness app to join the leaderboard on Run in the Dark.
- Receive your digital certificate to mark your achievement!
For more information and to sign up: www.runinthedark.org