September Erg Monitoring
September erg monitoring for non NRC based athletes is to be carried out between September 18th-21st. Testing must be carried out over two consecutive days in this four day period, following the format below.
• 100m + 500m at open rate on Day 1 am. A 20 minute break should be taken between the 100m and 500m. Time to be recorded.
• 6k (3k for adaptive) at open rate on Day 1 pm. Time to be recorded.
• 30 minutes at open rate on Day 2 pm. Meters to be recorded.
Erg scores should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 21st. Coaches, please take note of the timing format required in the attached Excel. Please follow the example for each section attached.
The September time trial will be held at the NRC on the 23rd and 24th.
• Athletes and coaches are reminded that while this is an open event, we are looking for athletes with the potential to be selected as part of the World Championship team (Senior, U23, U19 and Adaptive) as well as U19 athletes with the potential to win a medal at the Coupe. It is the responsibility of each club coach to ensure athletes entered into the time trial are of a suitable standard to complete a competitive 6k in possible challenging conditions
• Athletes are invited to attend this 6k (Adaptive 3k) time trial in 1x or 2- on both days. Lightweights in sculling boats only.
• In some cases, athletes may be asked to move into crew boats on day 2 if deemed appropriate by the HPD. This will be communicated to clubs and individuals after racing on day 1.
Coaches are asked to enter their athletes by 5pm Friday 14th of September by emailing Leah.email@example.com also indicating their category for the 2024 season (Senior lightweight/heavyweight, U23 lightweight/heavyweight, U19 and Adaptive) and the boat class (1x or 2-) to be entered. Please use the subject heading September Open Trial Entries
Lightweight bodyweight will be checked on the morning of racing, but there is no minimum weight requirement for this first event.
Once entries are in, we will publish start times and a start list for those entered. All rowers entered are expected to undertake the September erg monitoring.
All athletes and their clubs are required to be affiliated and registered with Rowing Ireland.