After successful online renewals in 2022 and 2023, renewals will take place online via Microsoft Teams in 2024.
You can register for the renewal exams here https://forms.office.com/e/bEeRURNePF
- Two renewal exams will take place before the 2024 regatta season. (29th Feb / 5th March).
- You will be sent the joining link 48 hours before the seminar/exam.
- The renewal will include an online seminar with review of rules (7pm-8pm) followed by an online exam paper that should be completed by 10pm.
- Please test your camera and microphone in advance of the session
- Any queries regarding renewals should be sent to email@example.com
When does my license expire?
You can check the up to date umpires list here https://www.rowingireland.ie/supporting-our-clubs/umpires/
Licenses expire on 31st December – If your license expired in 2023/2022 you should sit the renewal exam now to ensure that your license is valid in time for regatta season.
If your license expires in 2024 you can renew in Feb/March 2025 before regatta season.
Why is my name not listed on the umpires list?
This could be for several reasons;
1) Your license expired and you did not renew
2) Administrative error
3) You held a provisional license and did not submit the paperwork to convert this to a full license
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I don’t like using computers and would prefer to sit a paper exam
You can attend one of the face to face seminars for new umpires – please email email@example.com
What If I cannot attend one of the online renewal seminars?
You can still attend a face to face seminar – dates and venues to be released shortly
What if I am interested in becoming an umpire and would like to sit the exam?
We will be in touch shortly with dates for in person seminars/exams for prospective umpires
Why am I not receiving emails about umpire activity?
It is possible that we do not have an up to date email address, or you didn’t opt in to receive emails. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org o be added to the mailing list.