Next week kicks off with International Women’s Day on Monday, 8th March.
Rowing Ireland will be celebrating International Women’s Day and have plans to build on it with a week long ‘Women in Rowing’ campaign – focusing on Leadership, Participation, Visibility, Coaching and Officiating. Throughout the week we will introduce new initiatives, such as the Making Waves Leadership webinar series and the Balance is Better programme for adolescent rowers. We will also release our ‘Women on the Water’ podcast and highlight the great women in our sport and the work being done to achieve gender parity.
As well as participating in some of the Rowing Ireland initiatives, we encourage you to highlight International Women’s Day in your own club.
The following are some suggestions on what you and your club can do to mark IWD next Monday:
- Celebrate women’s achievements within the club by acknowledging them on your club’s communication platforms
- Run a Social Media Campaign posting pictures with the IWD pose and what the club or members ‘Choose to Challenge’.
- Highlight and thank your club females or your male gender equality advocates
- Host a Zoom Club Quiz, focusing on achievements of women, in sport or outside sport
- Run a photo challenge with your squad – striking the IWD Choose to Challenge Pose.
- Decide and set a collective club challenge for 2021 eg. increase gender balance in participation, coaching or leadership; challenge unconscious bias, challenge gender stereotyping. Or highlight gender equality targets already set!
We hope that you and your club will show your support and #ChooseToChallenge this International Women’s Day.
Remember to tag @RowingIreland in your posts so we can reshare them far and wide!