Following the Rowing Ireland AGM in May 2023 we are seeking expressions of interest from members of affiliated clubs to fill seven sub-committees and to develop extended volunteer panels to support the work of these committees. Committee’s are integral to the workings of Rowing Ireland and we would be thrilled to have new members of our rowing family involved in our committee’s that are integral to our sport. Being on a committee gives you great skills to bring back to your club and a greater understanding of our sport.
Assistance has been sought from clubs in promoting this process to its membership. Applications will be accepted directly from the interested individuals and a separate nomination from your home club is not required.
The following are the areas in which Sub Committees are being filled:
- Domestic events (knowledge of events systems and running events)
- Umpire (qualified R.I umpire is required)
- Commercial (Commercial/sponsorship/revenue and PR acumen required)
- HP (knowledge of the HP system in Ireland required)
- Recreational (understanding and passion to develop recreational rowing)
- Masters (understanding and passion to develop Masters rowing)
- Universities (knowledge and understanding of University rowing)
Rowing Ireland volunteer policy is available to download below.
Each of these sub-committees shall have six members inclusive of the Chair who we recommend would serve two years and a vice year who would serve two years. In that case we would hope that every committee would have someone to shadow the chair and be mentored in the role and always ensure we have Chairs ready and equipped to take on the new role.
Applicants shall clearly state their name, club, contact details and the Sub Committee(s) for which they are applying. Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide a short bio of no more than 100 words outlining their skills and experience.
All applications will be circulated to the nominations sub-committee who shall review and nominate candidates to the CEO and Board for approval.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
Applications close at 5pm on 30th June 2023