The Beach Sprints Qualifier will be held in West Cork for international selection on May 7/8th. The event is hosted by Rosscarbery Rowing Club at Duneen Beach, Dunmore, Co.Cork.
The qualification event is to select crews to represent Rowing Ireland Internationally at the following:
- Home International Beach Sprint Regatta – St Andrews, Scotland, 20th August,
- World Rowing Beach Sprint Finals – Saundersfoot, Wales, 14-16th October,
- European Coastal Rowing Championships – San Sebastian, Spain, 27-30th October.
This discipline is ideal for agile and skilled scullers with a performance background, from either coastal or flatwater.
Club Secretaries must:
- Read the Beach Sprint selection policy.
- Enter crews on Tracker.
- Predeclare each crew wishing to be considered for selection on the website by close of entry date.
- One declaration form per club secretary permitted.
All athletes should read and understand the policy before club secretaries enter crews.
The draft policy (to be approved by the board) and pre-declaration form can be found here –https://www.rowingireland.ie/events/international-calendar/.