The Big Strong Gorls (BSGs) are delighted to announce, with the support of Powerhouse Sport, the recipients of the inaugural BSG X Powerhouse fund. Following the hugely popular launch of BSG merchandise it was decided to assign a percentage of the profits towards a fund to support the next generation of women’s rowing in Ireland.
Speaking ahead of the announcement, Olympic Bronze medallist and co-founder of BSG, Aifric Keogh said, “We were delighted with the extremely high calibre of applications from girls from all over the country. It was so difficult to narrow it down to the eventual recipients. We wish we could support everyone. It’s great to see there are so many motivated young rowers out there aiming to reach the top of our sport. We hope to be able to support many more of them in the future.
It’s been so exciting following the racing at the Home Internationals, the Coupe de la Jeunesse and now the U19 World Championships to see how our recipients have been getting on. There’s been some amazing racing!”
The following girls have been chosen as the recipients for the 2023 BSG X Powerhouse fund:
- Kate Reidy | Lee Rowing Club
- Moya Knowles | Skibbereen Rowing Club
- Aoife Hendy | Skibbereen Rowing Cub
- Anna Brennan | Graiguenamanagh Rowing Club
- Ailise O’Sullivan | Skibbereen Rowing Club
- Chloe Ligett | Cork Boat Club
- Anna Trench | Coláiste Iognáid Rowing Club
- Avril O’Toole | Coláiste Iognáid Rowing Club
- Claire Tanner | Shannon Rowing Club