A reminder for clubs that the mandatory Club Self-Assessment Child Safeguarding Audit is to be completed by the 18th of February. The self-assessment process is compulsory for all clubs that have children or young members below the age of 18 in their membership.
Rowing Ireland wishes to support all clubs in this process and has prepared a range of templates and documents to assist you. A pack has been prepared and shared that contains the following documents:
• Video for Clubs completing the questionnaire
• Safeguarding Guidance document (Republic of Ireland Clubs, Sport Ireland)
• Step by step actions for clubs
• Useful Resources document
• Club framework for safeguarding standards in sport (Northern Ireland Clubs, Sport Northern
Additional useful documentation and resource information can be found on the Vetting and Safeguarding page of the website (click here). We have also created a new page on our website to share the editable versions of template documents, which can be adapted to suit individual clubs, and the documents listed above (click here).
The closing date for the audit is the 18th of February 2022.