Below is an updated format for the upcoming February trials held at the National Rowing Centre from the 11th -13th February.
Provisional plan (Please note if this trial must be postponed based on weather forecast it will be moved to the following weekend).
- Friday – arrival, rigging and briefing. NRC Open 3:00 – 6:00pm
- Saturday – am 6k time-trial in small boats (1x/2-) or as otherwise advised. Pm 2k in small boats (1x/2-) or as otherwise advised
- Sunday – am 2k (In crew boats or as decided based on Saturday results and other data).
- Monday – am 2k (In crew boats or as decided based on Saturday results and other data). This will be for NRC based athletes or individuals requested by relevant national coaches, subject to their availability.
The weather forecast will be monitored throughout the week, and an update will be provided on Thursday afternoon.
* Clubs must support their athletes by providing double sculls (or 4- for sweep) for days 2 and 3. (Athletes that do not have crew boats for this trial will not be in a position to be included in crew boat testing on day 2).
*Times will be confirmed once entry is confirmed.
* Please note that invitation to Saturday 2k racing may be subject to Saturday 6k performance
*Lightweights, please study the required bodyweight for this event published on the RI website in the high-performance section.
Coaches must confirm their athlete’s attendance if they have not already done so by emailing email@example.com.