Please find attached invitations to the upcoming February trials to be held at the NRC from 11-13 February. Please note invitations are based on a number of factors, water trials, and physiological results from the various erg tests, including the most recent (2k) erg test.
Athletes disappointed not to be on this list will be free to submit erg scores at the next round of testing in March to show improved and competitive performances with the opportunity to be added to the next trial based on these results. Please study carefully the benchmarks for each category before submitting these scores. Junior athletes outside Junior Worlds/Coupe standard will also have an opportunity to trial for Home International selection later in the season subject to selection criteria being achieved (TBC).
Provisional plan (Please note if this trial must be postponed based on weather forecast it will be moved to the following weekend).
- Friday – arrival, rigging and briefing
- Saturday – 6k time-trial in small boats (1x/2-) or as otherwise advised
- Sunday – am 2k and pm 2k (In crew boats or as decided based on Saturday results and other data).
* Clubs must support their athletes by providing double sculls (or 4- for sweep) for day 2. (Athletes that do not have crew boats for this trial will not be in a position to be included in crew boat testing on day 2).
*Times will be confirmed once entry is confirmed.
* Please note that invitation to Sunday racing may be subject to Saturday performance
*Lightweights please study the required bodyweight for this event published on the RI website in the high-performance section.
Coaches are asked to confirm their athlete’s attendance by emailing email@example.com by end of day Friday, February 4th