Lagan Scullers have informed us of the following “Due to varied forecasts showing conditions difficult to marginal at best, and unsafe at worst, a decision is reluctantly to cancel the Head tomorrow, and we hope you will salvage some expense and be able to re-plan your day. Forecasts only deteriorated overnight therefore notice unfortunately is short”.

Muckross Head have informed us that “

Based on the latest weather forecast and in the interests of safety, the
rescheduled Muckross Head Of the River event planned for this Saturday 19
March 2022 is cancelled. It is with great regret that the organising committee
have reached this decision, however our first priority remains the safety of
everyone involved”.

The domestic events committee will work with both event organisers to ascertain if its possible for another date so near the regatta season. We would like to thank both committee’s for all the work that they put into the organisation of both events and hope that the weather will behave for the rest of the season so that our clubs can return to racing.