March Trial Invitation
Please find attached provisional invitations to the upcoming March trials held at the NRC from 25-27 March. Please note that invitations are based on several factors, previous water trials, and physiological results from the various erg tests, including the most recent 2k and 6k erg tests.
- Friday – arrival, rigging and briefing from 2pm
- Saturday – AM 2k in small boats (1x/2-) or as otherwise advised. PM 2K boats will be based on the results of AM racing.
- Sunday – AM 2k (In crew boats or as decided based on Saturday results and other data). PM 2K (In crew boats or as agreed based on Saturday results and other data)
Easter camp (U23, Junior ) 21st – 24th April
- A training camp will be held at the NRC over the Easter period. Athletes will be invited depending on National trial and testing results.
Final Selection Trial (U23, Junior) 23rd-29th May
- The athlete invitee list will be dependent on previous National trials and testing results.
Athlete Relocation (U23, Junior)
- Athletes that are fortunate enough to be selected for Junior and U23 World Championships are expected to relocate to Cork for the following.
- 2x training blocks located at NRC
- Training block 1: 6th – 19th June
- Training block 2: 27th – 10th July
Overseas Pre-Race Camp (U23, Junior Worlds Crews)
- Varese ITA 14th-26th July
Exceptions and workarounds will be made for athletes sitting leaving cert
This camp will be for U23 and Junior Worlds competing athletes and coaches
*Coupe event date yet to be announced, and details will be announced in due course
* Clubs must support their athletes by providing double sculls (or 4- for sweep) for day 2. (Athletes that do not have crew boats for this trial will not be in a position to be included in crew boat testing on day 2).
Please note that those who were ill or injured during the week of erg testing, invitation to the trial is provisional until erg results are submitted on dates agreed with RI coaches.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org