Firstly, on behalf of Neptune Rowing Club I wish to express my sincere thanks for the support and understanding I received from clubs due to participate in our regatta on the 6th. It was evident that from early in the week, weather forecasts were showing potentially unfavourable conditions for the day of the regatta, and I was also very aware that participating clubs were trying to finalise their own arrangements. Notwithstanding this uncertainty, I was grateful for your patience, thus affording the regatta committee the time to make the most informed decision possible, (duly announced at lunchtime on Thurs 4th advising on the cancellation of the regatta).

The Neptune Regatta committee recently convened and following a successful application to Domestic Events in Rowing Ireland, we have been granted permission to run our regatta on the rescheduled date of Sun 19th May.

Given the logistical planning required in getting crews and boats to regatta sites, I am aware
that many clubs may have already provisionally chosen their preferred regattas in which
they intend to compete for the season. However, I would be most appreciative if you could
consider including the rescheduled Neptune Regatta in your plans, (an updated Regatta
Prospectus outlining all details will be issued next week).

Should circumstances at your club prevent you from attending this rescheduled event, may I extend our best wishes for the coming season, and I hope to see you back in Islandbridge again next year.

Yours in rowing,
Desmond O’Hara
Neptune Regatta Secretary
083 4590500