Our clubs and members are the backbone of our sport and organisation.
We want to celebrate that with your help. So we are delighted to launch our inaugural Rowing Ireland annual awards.
These awards will recognise and honour the fantastic work and the outstanding accomplishments of our rowers, coaches and volunteers throughout the year.
We want you our clubs and members to tell us who you think should be nominated for these well-deserved awards. So we are encouraging all our incredible clubs to vote for those most deserving of these awards. You can choose someone in your club or outside of your club.
The presentation will take place at the Rowing Ireland AGM on Sunday, 20th of November 2022, at Sport Ireland, Dublin.
We will announce next week who will be on the judging panel tasked with a challenging role in selecting the final awardees.
We look forward to seeing you all there on the day to help us celebrate the past year’s successes. These unique awards that the Rowing Ireland crew has commissioned are being handmade by Kenny McDonald.
LIST OF AWARDS
Coach of the Year *
Up and Coming Rower of the Year **
Senior Rower of the Year *
High Performance Rower of the Year *
Club of the Year **
Umpire of the Year **
Volunteer of the Year **
Women in Sport Advocate **
Highest achievement Award of the Year **
Rowability Award of the Year *
* public chooses winner
** judging panel chooses winner
Please consider the following criteria;
- All nominees must have been members of Rowing Ireland and a paid member of an affiliated club during the 2021/22 Season (October 2021– August 2022).
- The nomination must be based on accomplishments between 01/09/21 and 31/08/2022 Accomplishments outside of this timeframe will be disregarded.
- Nominations for Awards must be submitted by a member of an affiliated Rowing Ireland Club/Member. Clubs may nominate other clubs and other Rowing Ireland members outside of their club. Clubs may also nominate their own club and club members.
- Clubs may only submit one nomination in each category.
- A fully completed nomination form (below). Nominations can be up to 200 words.
- Written outline of your nominees’ accomplishments. Please give a detailed reason as to why your nominee deserves the award.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday 11th of November 2022
Sorry. This form is no longer available.