Following a successful application to Sport Ireland WiS Fund, Rowing Ireland has been awarded €140,000 for the next two years towards WiS projects.
This allocation has increased from €100,000 over the last two years and is a testament to the Women in Rowing projects run over the last 18 months; our Women in Rowing Strategy; and commitment to achieve gender balance in every aspect of our sport.
Over the next two years, Rowing Ireland plans to launch the following new programmes:
- Women in Coaching Pathway – A range of supports for developing female coaches
- Coach Mentoring Programme – Training mentors to support developing coaches
- Women in Leadership Programme – Support women to become leaders in their club and sport.
- Women on the Water – Adults recreational rowing programme
- Women Student Coach Academy – Collaboration with SSI and university rowing
And provide ongoing support to build on our existing programmes:
- HP Coaching Pathway
- Women in Coaching Networks
- Increase the visibility of women in coaching and officiating.
- Return to Rowing 2021
Claire Lambe, Women in Sport Lead said: “We are delighted to receive this funding for the next two years and to be able to continue building on the work we have done in the last 18 months. Rowing provides a fantastic opportunity for women and girls to become involved in sport, whatever their age or ability. We aim to improve accessibility over the next two years. We will utilise this funding and support from Sport Ireland to reach our ultimate goal of gender balance in all aspects of our sport.”
Michelle Carpenter, CEO, added: “We welcome this funding announcement from Sport Ireland, and the funding increase for our Women in Sport programme. We really appreciate the strong emphasis Sport Ireland is placing on Women in Sport and believe these efforts, energy and resources will transform sport for women and girls in Ireland.”
You can read our Women in Rowing Strategy 2020 here and our WiR Strategy Review 2021 here.
For any queries about Rowing Ireland’s Women in Sport programmes or plans for the next two years, please contact email@example.com