*Please note that the email address for Leah O’Regan was incorrect in the previous post. If you have expressed interest in trailing can you please email Leah at email@example.com. Due to this error the deadline is now open until September 18th*
September Erg Monitoring
September erg monitoring for non NRC based athletes is to be carried out between September 18th-21st. Testing must be carried out over two consecutive days in this four day period, following the format below.
• 100m + 500m at open rate on Day 1 am. A 20 minute break should be taken between the 100m and 500m. Time to be recorded.
• 6k (3k for adaptive) at open rate on Day 1 pm. Time to be recorded.
• 30 minutes at open rate on Day 2 pm. Meters to be recorded.
Erg scores should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 21st. Coaches, please take note of the timing format required in the attached Excel. Please follow the example for each section attached.
The September time trial will be held at the NRC on the 23rd and 24th.
• Athletes and coaches are reminded that while this is an open event, we are looking for athletes with the potential to be selected as part of the World Championship team (Senior, U23, U19 and Adaptive) as well as U19 athletes with the potential to win a medal at the Coupe. It is the responsibility of each club coach to ensure athletes entered into the time trial are of a suitable standard to complete a competitive 6k in possible challenging conditions
• Athletes are invited to attend this 6k (Adaptive 3k) time trial in 1x or 2- on both days. Lightweights in sculling boats only.
• In some cases, athletes may be asked to move into crew boats on day 2 if deemed appropriate by the HPD. This will be communicated to clubs and individuals after racing on day 1.
Open trial update
Athletes are allowed and encouraged to enter in both sweeping and sculling for the open trial. If an athlete chooses to do this they will race in the 1x on day one and the 2- on day two.
Coaches are asked to enter their athletes by 5pm Monday 18th of September by emailing Leah@rowingireland.ie also indicating their category for the 2024 season (Senior lightweight/heavyweight, U23 lightweight/heavyweight, U19 and Adaptive) and the boat class (1x or 2-) to be entered. Please use the subject heading September Open Trial Entries
Lightweight bodyweight will be checked on the morning of racing, but there is no minimum weight requirement for this first event.
Once entries are in, we will publish start times and a start list for those entered. All rowers entered are expected to undertake the September erg monitoring.
All athletes and their clubs are required to be affiliated and registered with Rowing Ireland.