Rowing Ireland is delighted to welcome expressions of interest from clubs to run Women on the Water programmes in 2023. The women’s learn to row programmes sold out in 2021 and 2022. To express interest fill in the form below.
This programme aims to introduce adult women from across the country to learn to rowing at a recreational level.
River, Offshore and Coastal clubs can provide 6 and 8-week programmes to female adult beginners. The programme is one session per week with a trained instructor.
Clubs can expect support running the programme from the Women in Sport Officer Ceara O Connor:
- With sign ups and advertising their programme
- The club will be linked with trained coaches who can deliver the programme
- Promotion during and after which is good advertisement for the club in the community
Benefits for clubs:
- Revenue stream
- Increase in life-experienced members with different skill sets.
- Can maximise use of club equipment with off-peak hours use. eg weekday
- Pathway for members to move into coaching.
Once you send in your expression of interest, we will be in touch shortly about setting up the programme.