Zero Emission Vehicles Ireland (ZEVI) has now launched a new scheme providing for the free installation of 50KW DC Electric Vehicle Charging Points at sports club facilities across the island of Ireland. Detailed information on the scheme is available from pobal.ie/programmes/programmes-zevischemes/. Terms and conditions apply.
The Scheme will pay for the civil and electric works as well as the purchase and installation of an electric vehicle charger for local sports clubs. ZEVI will procure the contractor(s) and successful clubs will agree to enter into a licensing agreement with this contractor for the ongoing maintenance and operation of the charger(s) to be eligible for funding.
The Department and Pobal will host an online Information Session at 10am on Thursday 9th February for clubs or NGBs who would like further information on the scheme. All interested parties are encouraged to register for this event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that places are limited but that additional sessions will be organised as necessary to meet demand.
Minimum Requirements for Sport Clubs
- Have a 3 Phase electricity connection
- Be the owner of the site or have a suitable leasehold agreement
- Where leasing, have the written permission of the property owner to install EV Charging Points
- Have suitable car-parking spaces – a minimum of 2 car-parking spaces per EV Charging Point
- Be open to the public i.e., open for a minimum of 10 hours per day, at least 5 days a week, all year round (excluding public holidays)
- Provide reasonable facilities such as publicly accessible toilets, access to refreshments, waiting area on site or within 500m of the sports club
Please fill out the form below if your club meets these minimum requirements and is interested in applying for the scheme.